Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Posted by )-]]]]:- at 3:17 PM
Trans On-Road Bicycle Plan Announcement
To meet the growing demand for bicycling facilities VTrans is kicking off an exciting new initiative, the VTrans On-Road Bicycle Plan. The Plan will help guide improvements along Vermont state highways to work better and be safer for all bicyclists -- families, commuters and recreational riders.
Get involved! You can contribute by identifying where you ride and where you want to ride by:
1. Attending the project public meetings. The first meeting will be on . The meeting will be broadcasted using Vermont interactive Technologies (VIT) throughout the state. Find a location convenient to you.
2. Adding to the VTrans On-Road Bicycle WikiMap.
3. Telling your friends and neighbors to participate. Forward this email or post it on your local Front Porch Forum or hang up a flyer.
Phase 1. Over the next six months, and with YOUR help, VTrans will:
- Collect information from the public about where they ride and where bicyclists want to ride on State roads;
- Use this information to identify several tiers of bicycle corridors ranging from most desirable for bicycling to the least desirable for bicycling; and
- Set the stage for where we should focus needed bicycle improvements.
Public input is critical to the success of this project. We thank you for helping to make the project a success by sharing your thoughts and creating project awareness by connecting others.
If you have questions or comments related to this project, please contact VTrans Planning Coordinators:
Sommer Roefaro Bucossi
VT Agency of Transportation
Policy, Planning & Intermodal Development Division
Posted by )-]]]]:- at 11:43 AM